Thursday, November 06, 2008

A New Chapter for America and Me

Today I turn 30 years old. I think for most that would be a sobering thought. Most people do not look forward to that birthday. I feel differently. My 20s were an incredible decade. It started with serving in Romania and helping others come to Christ. That experience will always be with me. I went to college and expanded my horizons and created many, many good friends. I've also come to understand myself better and point myself in the right direction. I've found the love of my life and we are building a positive and loving relationship together.

So now I begin my 30s with great plans for the future. There are several things that have been chains around my feet that I am going to remove. I have made goals to become a better person. I already started them. I am excited to be 30! Besides, 30-somethings are hot! lol

On another note, I am excited for our country. I voted for McCain, but fully expected Obama to win. I feel hope for the future of America. I don't think that one term from either candidate will end our problems, but I know that the hope of change will spur many Americans to make positive changes to their homes, businesses, and surroundings. I'm very proud that I was able to vote.

Whether you voted for McCain, Obama, or some other, now is the time to rally around our new President and support him. Part of the fall of the Nephite nation came when they sought to subvert and manipulate the will of their leaders. But we're Americans, all together, all of us. One president alone cannot fix our problems, but all together we can.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Have a happy birthday! Or if you aren't excited about turning thirty, well, go eat something that you like to feel better. I turn 30 in '09 and I am not looking forward to it.

Josch Beres said...

С днём рождения! Happy Birthday! I have none years to go to get to thirty - honoestly I am a bit scared. You look great and you seem to be a fun guy so I am sure many more amazing things are yet to come. Cheers!