Saturday, February 03, 2007

To the moon young man!

The picture was taken from Berlin this week. Though an optical illusion, I can't wait for the day when flights to the moon become regular. President Bush has a plan to have a permanent habitat on the moon. I wonder if it will ever become reality.

Besides being a serious sci-fi fan, I think expansion beyond earth is important. It will spur technology and research further and it will give (some of) mankind a dream and a goal to fulfill. With an ongoing Iraq war and I'm sure future wars without planned ends, I think it's good to have achievable, if not difficult goals to fulfill. I think things on earth will get more difficult as time passes. Space exploration will become less and less of a priority. I don't want to see it disappear from our goals and capacity.

No comments: