Saturday, October 15, 2005

I'm a Pirate! Arrrrrrrr!

It's true, I am a pirate. I love downloading music! A friend just referred me to a new tool in my quest for new and good music. I started out with Napster. They had quality downloads and were on the forefront of piracy. Eventually they had the crosshairs on their forehead and went down with a fight. Not long after I discovered Kazaa. Their network was extensive. You would often hear stories of how they were eluding authorities. *grin* Eventually I switched to Kazaa Lite, Kazaa's safer little brother. I have been a Kazaa-litist for many years. But only last week I was referred to LimeWire. I have been very impressed. I find the good music quickly and on the first try. There are not as many spoofers on this network. I highly recommend you try it out. I just got "Fallout Boy - Sugar We're Going Down" It's a *great* song!

Now once you start downloading music, you'll need something to play it on. I've recently changed from MusicMatch to jetAudio's player. Kyle will agree, this thing is good. And those you know my tastes in music... I love music with a beat. I also like my music danceable and a little faster. Well jetAudio's player has effects that will allow you to do that easily and seamlessly. Wow. I'm listening to Missy Elliot's "Lose Control" at 110% speed and a flange effect. Incredible.

Now those of you who would like to know more about my stance on pirated music, take the following link to an editorial article I wrote. I'd love your opinions on the matter after you've read the article.

Arrrrrr! That be nice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don’t think its right to take away from the music industry viable profits but it’s popular, widespread, and has become a massive control issue which just might benefit the consumer in the long run. So, I tend to agree. I guess that could be one reason why some old songs are discontinued.