Thursday, September 08, 2005

World Domination

This might have been the sound you heard from me last night: "Mwahahaha-huh?" Mike, Aaron, Kyle and I played Risk last night. I was black as in the Black Plague. Well, I must have been a very weak strain because I didn't hurt anyone. On my first turn I had a string of bad luck. Everything I went against beat me. I was warned to stop, but I had to keep going till I got a card. Which left me with only one country with more than one army on it. And that one only had two armies on it. I should have dealt with not getting a card and just held my own. I could have had Australia and then finished getting Africa after that. Well, hopefully I learned my lesson. Next time I will (hopefully) be a force to be reckoned with.

It's Thursday and I am wishing it was Friday. We are having our Stake Opening Social. It's at our old stake president's home. Let me tell you, this is the most incredible place. It has two large homes, a human slingshot, an indoor pool and hot tub, a tennis court, a horse pasture, a bonfire location, it's up a canyon and next to a mountain. And TONS of people come too. I took all of Friday off of work so that we could go on time. It will be a blast. (It has been every other year.)

I am also happy for tomorrow: I get paid! Yeah, for paydays!

2 comments:

mightybob said...

I don't know how to play Risk, and from what I've seen, I'm not interested in learning. I dunno, maybe it's all of the development classes I'm taking where we discuss the lingering effects of colonialism, cultural hegemony, etc. Dabbling in world dominance was never my thing anyway. I'm feeling a bit cynical today. Perhaps it's because I'm reading an article on the UN Millenial Goal of halving global poverty by 2015 and how dismally it's failing in some regions.
Anyhow, better luck to you next time.

FeatherSky said...

lol! When we were dating, my husband was teaching me how to play RISK. He was "The Black Death" and was telling me how I had no strategy, yadda, yadda, yadda. I slaughtered him. Bad. MUAHAHAHAHAA!!

I saw in your interests that you like Settlers of Catan. Some friends gave us that game with a bunch of homemade wooden hexagons so now when we play we start with everyone fairly close together in the middle, but then whenever you get to an edge you get to "explore" by blindly picking out a new piece from the box to lay adjacently! It makes it a lot more fun! :)