Tuesday, November 29, 2011

No Candy!

For the month of November, Aaron and I have been on a no candy diet.  The idea had been rattling around in my head for a month or so.  It took shape on Halloween.  We had purchased a giant bag of really good candy to give out.  We only got one child.  I gave him a huge handful of the goodies, but that left us with pounds of candy. 

I don't know about you, but even really good food can seem gross if there's a lot of in one place.  My best example:  I like mayo on my sandwiches, but when I see a large vat of it... Gross!  I got that feeling when I looked at the bag of candy. 

So for the whole month, I haven't had a Reece's Pieces, a fruit snack, or a candy bar. 

There have been hard parts.  Walking down the candy aisle at work was a major temptation.  I think my nose had become sensitive to the smell.  I could smell the chocolate and I craved it.

Another time, Aaron accidentally put fruit snacks in my lunch.  When I pulled them out, I groaned.  I wanted them so bad. 

So yesterday, I got the idea to make brownies.  That really hit the spot. 

The day after tomorrow I can eat the peanut butter M&Ms I have sitting behind me.  I can't wait!

2 comments:

ishtheintrepid said...

Now I'm tempted to reward you. Send me your full address on FB and I'll send you an Advent present. Plus, I applaud you. I did the same thing with desserts in the MTC and lost 12 pounds.

Anonymous said...

聊娱乐网 , 天天聊娱乐视频社区 , 大咖私聊室 , 台湾佬娱乐中文网 , 收费裸聊网 , 视频聊天工具 , 视频秀聊天室 , 爱吧聊视频聊天室 , 28号公馆视频聊天室 , 随聊随想视频聊天室